Injectable Medications in Eye Care
Updated in 2022
Course Description: This course covers injection techniques utilized by optometrists. Subcutaneous / intralesional, intramuscular, and intravenous injections are covered in detail. Proper sterile preparation techniques are discussed as well. An emphasis is placed upon learning the proper techniques associated with performing various types of injection procedures, and on their clinical uses. The pharmacology of injectable medications is also covered, as are several specific injectables.
- To learn about subcutaneous / intralesional injections
- To learn about subconjunctival injections
- To learn about intramuscular injections
- To learn about IV injections
- To learn about injectable pharmaceuticals routinely utilized in eye care.
Bradley Sutton, O.D., F.A.A.O., Clinical Professor, Indiana University School of Optometry.
This course qualifies for 1 hour of IOB and Legend Drug Certificate credit.
IOA Members: $ 25.00
Non-Members: $ 30.00
Course Instructions/Course Access/Test Access
1. Accessing Course: CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE COURSE. You must pay the course fee (see the link below) and receive a score of at least seventy percent (70%) on a 10 question test to receive credit for taking this course. This on-line course is in PDF format.
2. Payment/Taking Test for Credit: You must pay for the course in order to take the test. No refunds will be made for online courses. Certificates of Completion for those who pass the examination will be available to download through this website.
3. Retests: You may retake the test if you failed to receive 70% on the test and wish to to be tested again. There is no charge for retests.
If you have problems accessing the course, paying for the course, or accessing the test, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-237-3560.